Home -> Contest -> Still Contest Rules -> Still Contest Categories
The deadline is 11:59 p.m., Jan. 15, 2017
– Single Image Categories –
01 Spot News
– A single image of an unscheduled event for which no advance planning was possible.
02 General News
– A single image of a scheduled or organized event for which advance planning was possible.
– A single image of a found situation with strong human interest; a fresh view of an everyday scene.
04 Sports Action
– A single image showcasing action of a game or athletic event.
05 Sports Feature
– A single image that does not include action but has a strong human interest and shows a fresh view of the event.
06 Portrait / Personality
– A single image that captures an aspect of the subject’s character.
– A single image that exploits the graphic, aesthetic or compositional qualities of the subject.
– A photograph that illustrates any product, including clothing and food, particular idea or editorial concept.
– Multiple Image Categories –
09 News Picture Story/Essay
– A collection of photos with a single them that fits the description of the Spot News or General News category. Up to 10 images.
10 Feature Picture Story/Essay
– A collection of photos with a single theme that fits the description of the Feature category. Up to 10 images.
11 Sports Picture Story/Essay
– A collection of photos with a single theme that fits the description of the Sports Action or Sports Feature category. Up to 10 images.
12 Weeks Work
– A collection of photos from a 7 consecutive day period that fit the description of any single image category. Up to 5 images. 1 week per contestant.
13 Team Entry
– Team Entries consist of an entry from any category by more than one photographer. 2 entries maximum per team.
– A piece that may consist of still photos, and audio or video (must contain at least 2 of the 3; photo, audio, video) and requires no user interaction other than start/stop. Maximum of 2 entries per contestant.
To see the Still Entry Preparation click, HERE